936 Brandon Mountain Road
Rochester, Vermont 05767
Located 2 miles from the quaint village of Rochester, Vt. with 2 cafes, 2 restaurants & a tavern. A gas station, supermarket, liquor store, hardware store, two banks, auto repair, bike store, art gallery, beauty/barber shop, clothing store, country store, yoga studio, two churches, village hall, & events at Pierce Hall. There's also a few B&B's, public library, book store and of course the post office and fire department. The village green is huge with annual concerts & fairs. Rochester is also centrally located between seven different ski areas and 3 golf courses all within 30 minutes. Surrounded by thousands of acres of national forest land, trails & campsites with recreational activity abounding all four seasons. A medical center is located in town that's affiliated with a hospital within 20 minutes drive & an ambulance services emergency needs.
The main road location offers winter-time convenience and security as it's always open & cleared of snow so there's quick access to everything no mater what the weather.
Below are links to local interest:.
For detailed mapping from Google https://www.google.com/maps
- 2 miles to Rochester Village, Vermont 05767 http://www.rochesterhistorical.org.
- 3 miles to White River Golf Course http://www.whiterivergolf.com
- 3 miles to Green Mountain National Forest Ranger Station & thousands acres of State & Federal Land.
- 2 miles to Rochester Health Center http://www.giffordmed.org/RochesterHealthCenter
- 20 minutes to Gifford Medical Center Hospital named as one of the top 100 critical access hospitals in the US http://www.giffordmed.org/index.php with 24 hr emergency dept.
- 45 minutes to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Cnt, Level 1 Trauma Center with air ambulance & Norris Cotton Cancer Cnt. http://www.dartmouth-hitchcock.org/index.html
- 25 minutes to Killington Ski area http://www.killington.com
- 30 minutes to Sugarbush Ski area http://www.sugarbush.com.
- 20 minutes to Middlebury Snow Bowl http://www.middleburysnowbowl.com.
- 35 minutes to Pico Ski area http://www.picomountain.com
- 20 minutes to Blueberry Hill Nordic Center for cross country skiing http://www.blueberryhillinn.com.
- 25 minutes to Rikert Ski Touring Center & Moosalamoo 60 miles of groomed x-country skiing http://www.rikertnordic.com.
- 30 minutes to Ski Mad River Glen the most challenging slopes in the east http://madriverglen.com.
- 8 minutes to Appalachian Trailhead (The Vermont Long Trail) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Trail.
- 15 minuted to Kent Pond or Colton Pond for fishing or kayaking https://vtfishandwildlife.hosted.civiclive.com/cms/One.aspx?portalId=73163&pageId=153102
- 15 minutes to Lake Dunmore & Branbury State Park for swimming, fishing, hiking, etc. https://vtstateparks.com/index.html
- 15 minutes to 18 holes of golf at Neshobe Golf Club https://neshobe.com
- 18 minutes to 18 holes of golf at Green Mountain National Golf Course http://www.gmngc.com
Click on Rochester Village amenities here:
If you're into biking the Rochester area is known for great rides that you can check out here http://idigvt.com/play/bike/.
Fishing? - no problem there's almost a mile of trout fishery on your own property & many more miles within walking or driving distance plus many ponds & lakes within a 15-30 minute drive for bass or pike,
Kayaking or canoeing is also popular around here. Rochester, Vt is perfectly located for all that Vermont has to offer to outdoor enthusiasts. If you're competitive we have the world championship Spartan Race each year founded by one of the locals one town south https://www.spartan.com/en.
Besides downhill skiing in the winter you can cross country & snowshoe on your own land. If snowmobiling turns you on you may access thousands of miles of VAST trails from the property so there'll be no need to trailer snow machines.