66.1 surveyed acres comprised of 34.6 acres on north side & 31.5 acres on south side of Brandon Mountain Rd. (Route 73), Rochester, Vt. 05767.
- 2,008 feet road front north side Brandon Mountain Road, 34.6 acres with residence, barn, apple orchard, sugarhouse, outbuildings, pastures, pond, fencing, trails, woodland.
- 1930 feet road front south side Brandon Mountain Road, 31.5 acres with riverfront, apple orchard, hayfield, bridge, trails, woodland.
- 4,005 feet riverfront on West Branch of White River as it flows east joining the White River.
- The West Branch & White River known for good trout fishing.
- Land is deeded to the centerline of the river as it flows east.
- The 3/4 mile of riverfront has both fast running water as well as flatter slower running sections. Boulders, deep pools, shallow runs, gravel bars, waterfalls & overhanging vegetation.
- There are 3 deep swimming holes with room for chairs.
- A groomed grassy trail follows the riverbank through the entire riverfrontage. Trail is constructed for walking, horse riding or off-road vehicles.
- Two year-round brooks run through about 2,100 feet of the property & enter into the West Branch of the White River.
- One brook follows along the western boundary of the land & one flows through the center of the land with the house & barn about centered between the two brooks.
- The brooks flow over waterfalls & moss covered boulders alongside natural ferns, flowers, grasses, apple trees & other vegetation.
- Trails alongside brooks.
- One acre pond has depths to 14 feet.
- Spring fed waters maintain water height year-round.
- Stocked with native largemouth bass & bluegill.
- Native aquatic vegatation including water lillies.
- Surrounded by stone walls, lawns & woodland.
- Private setting with mountain & valley views overlooking pastures.
- 1,200 feet +- restored original dry-stacked stone walls surrounding house & barn.
- About a mile of unrestored stone walls throughout the property as boundaries & pasture fences.
Pastures & Fencing:
- 1,500 feet white vinyl fencing at barn & road frontage.
- 2,700 feet electric fencing delineates pastures. Pastures individually switched & wired underground powered Gallager energizer in barn.
- 9 separate fenced grazing pastures comprise appox. 10+ acres.
- A mile of groomed tails alongside brooks, waterfalls, woodland, pastures, farm road & riverfront.
- Access to Vermont VAST snowmobile trail system with over 5,000 miles of groomed snowmobile trails in Vermont here https://vtvast.org
Sugarbush & Woodlands:
- Property is mapped & entered into Vermont Current Use Program with tax benefits to the property owner.
- Over 75 sugar maple trees from 6 to 10 inches diameter under cultivation as future sugarbush for maple syrup.
- 10 acre site prepared for a tree farm but never planted (currently natural growth).
- Wild rasberry & blackberry.
- Apple orchard renovated from existing 1850's orchard.
- Over 150 mature Apple trees producing hard cider varieties throughout the property.
- 40 five year old hard cider apple tree varieties in new formal orchard located behind barn will begin producing fruit by 2019.
- Existing 22 acre hayfield could be converted to apple orchard with hard cider producing varieties. Standard size trees average 84 trees per acre would provide 1850 standard size apple trees.
- 200 cases Apple Hill Farmhouse Cider produced in 2016 from harvest of 74 apple trees providing 163 bushels.
- 187 bushels apples harvested 2017 currently being fermented.
- 22 acres located south side of route 73 annual production of hay approximately 1200 bales.
- Currently being leased to a local farmer.